Fairbanks Ranch consists of a pair of gated communities spanned by San Dieguito Road, and is considered part of Rancho Santa Fe. In 2010, it had a population of 3,148 upscale residents living in a little over five square miles of pristine California land. The population is made up a mix of ethnic groups (mostly white) divided into 2,000 households, of which 36 percent have children. Fairbanks Ranch features over 75 acres of well-manicured grounds, parks, a lake with clubhouse, a nine-hole putting course, plus facilities for tennis, volleyball and basketball. If you are into horses, an on-site equestrian center will handle all your needs. Families enjoy the barbeque facilities provided within the idyllic picnic area. Of course, 24-hour security goes without saying. Perhaps this is why home values have been increasing at almost 30 percent annually in recent years.
There are three elementary schools in Fairbanks Ranch:
- Solana Santa Fe
- Willow Grove
- Horizon Prep
Residents have access to schools in the following school districts:
- Del Mar Union Elementary School District
- Rancho Santa Fe Elementary School District
- Solana Beach Elementary School District
- Poway Unified School District
Fairbanks Ranch also expresses its commitment to education by supporting its own community library. The town was excited to learn in October 2012 that local twins Tina and Marie Vachovsky both attained perfect SAT scores of 2400.
The hub of all community activity in Fairbanks Ranch is the Fairbanks Ranch Country Club (FRCC). Membership is considered essential for all residents who enjoy fun and prestige. The FRCC offers something for everyone – here is a small sampling of its amenities:
- Dining – Four-star chef Jessie Frost has hand-picked his staff and guarantees nothing less than a gourmet masterpiece on each plate served. Not to be outdone, the FRCC’s wine program has garnered the coveted Award of Distinction. You can arrange an intimate private dinner for 12 or a family holiday event for 1,000.
- Social Events – Miss these at risk to your social standing! Your mind will be blown by gala events such as Valentine’s Day, Comedy and Poker Night, Fabulous Fridays and the exclusive New Year’s Eve Gala – make your reservations early because you don’t want to miss out.
- Special Events Venues – The FRCC offers members a variety of venues for formal and informal (but mostly formal) events, including the panoramic Main Dining Room for up to 200 lucky attendees, the gracious Sunset Terrace where 150 of your closest friends can gather for cocktails, the Garden Room for intimate assignations of up to 25, the heart-stopping Olympian Room for pre-dinner drinks, and of course the historic Founders Room where 56 guests can mingle in complete privacy.